The journey of Him and Her began with an action of breaking the One (Atom) whose effect is to shatter the Body. His (‘humanities’) action is the cause, and Her (‘nature’) death is the effect. In the various projects produced as the Omen Project we see this death drive of His again and again. His leaving and Her calling out, “STOP!” Her body, the Earth, Humanity, fields of battle, rivers of blood, mountains of bones, valleys of death. Within the project we see the two together several times with each one developing and collecting various costumes, fetishes, props and the like collected within three suitcases; Her blue suitcase, His green suitcase, and now a third black travel bag of the Voyager the guide through death and darkness.
There are two primary scenes of this – the Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki which first, in a flash of light and rays of death, (The Body Of Light) turned bodies into light and shadow, light projected out into the depth of space and shadows cast to the earth. The body is annihilated but what of the soul? Is there a ‘soul death’? Is that final moment of Nova, of Atomic transmutation carried out at the speed of light to the stars? Are they out there now, mind and soul, castaways set sail?
So too, set sail into the stars is the Voyager 1 & 2 spacecraft carrying forth their charges, one man and one woman, a golden record of earth voices accompanied by a map home. In the presentations below we see this drawn out with the Voyager 1 collection where we have these travelers, our couple (rendered as costume photos), Him & Her and their suitcases accompanied by this map home (presented as a banner). With the Voyager 2 collection is presented Deep Black the shaman of the night journey upon which they are carried forth. And in the Voyager 3 collection we see various pieces that connect these two with the larger mythology of the project (Orpheus, Iliad and the Odyssey).
- His, 2019, table with contents of green suitcase, 28”x47”x21”
- His, 2019, digital costume photo, 36”x24”
- Her, 2019, table with contents of blue suitcase, 28”x47”x21”
- Her, 2019, digital costume photo, 36”x24”
- Pulsar Map, 2018, cotton banner, 55”x36”
- Voyager, 2018, costume on coat rack, Voyager travel-bag, Red-Right-Hand staff, and umbrellas in umbrella bucket, 78”x56”x12”
- Voyager, 2018, table with contents of black travel-bag, 28”x47”x21”
- Deep Black, 2017, cube contains a previous costume for Deep Black, 12”x12”x12”
- Axis Mundi, 2019, May-pole topped by a skull with feather collar, 96”x8”x8”
- Cyclops Eye, 2018, cotton banner, 45" x 36"
- Fetish, 2017, harmonic measuring ruler, black paper golden rectangle, plumb bob, 55”x36”x6”
- Fetish, 2017, black wool kilt, chain belt, antenna with attached feathers, 55”x24”x6”
- Voyager, 2017-2019, mixed-media wall installation, dimensions variable
- Sound cube, (work in progress), 12" subwoofer, tape deck, amp, Voyager Golden Record backwards tape-loop, 24”x18”x18”