Static Transducer Room is to search for signals in the Cosmic Radio noise
- Static Transducer Room, 2019, gallery installation composite image
- The Green Doorway, 16:9 video loop, 55” monitor standing on it’s side, 55”x32”
- Pulse Engine Portal, 2019, 3000 watt strobe light and fog machine hidden under a cube or in a false doorway, 96”x45”x12”
- TV monitor tuned to static/snow which is captured by a video camera and projection-mapped to the room walls and fed through a set of audio effects, and also integrated with samples.
Drone Strobes, set of 3-5 strobes connected together in such a way as to produce an interference pattern in the strobe timing which is captured by pick-up microphones and run through audio effects fed to a subwoofer.
Synchronicity Mapping and 4-channel audio installation
Synchronicity Mappings are a project that I started in the year 2000 while thinking about site-specific installations and the relationships that occur between the room/space and the audience.
Mappings are generated from the floor plan of the space by drawing lines along the alignments between and through the various aspects of the space: doors, windows, columns, corners, and other obstructions or relationships of space flow and site-lines.
Lines pass through (both sides) doorways, entryways, and windows; past columns, and any protruding corners or walls; and terminate as well as begin at any corners.
Analyzing the crossings and voids that occur between all the lines we can find the ‘sweet spots’ within the room, defined by the occurrence of multiple crossings at the same place within any open areas of a room by the various lines generated, or by the lack or void of any crossing.
It is these zones of multiple crossings that are considered ‘Synchronicities’.
A further development of this project is the production of musical scores and or the generation of computer generated audio from these mappings.
Scores may be generated by overlaying the mappings onto music sheets, producing notes from the various aspects of the space, as well as from the occurrence of all synchronicity points.
Audio may also be produced directly from the mappings by running the mapping through on-line applications that generate audio from image files.
In producing audio files the lines produced in any mapping are separated according to the geometry of the room; a rectangular room would be organized around the use of 4 speakers placed in the 4 separate corners of the room, with the various lines assigned to one of the 4 zones created by the speakers.
Four separate audio files are then produced from these separate mappings and played back simultaneously and allowed to loop as desired.
Temporal Field Portal Generation and Exploration
Human activities in space leave residual patterns (memory) within both the undifferentiated and differentiated mind of the universe. Those patterns within a historical sight, its surrounding environment, or the people involved that have become crystallized, act as signal generators, which can be charted, tuned into, and tapping these mnemonic signals we can navigate, and interact with the mnemonic field. The signal may be tuned by isolating them, accompanying them with complimentary elements of various forms (light, sound, actions, dreams, and memories) arranged into feedback and induction circuits will induce charge and flow (mnemonic-harmonic resonance) in the mnemonic matrix of the site (terminal A) and human participants (terminal B). This charged current between terminals, either cyclical (feedback circuit) or linear (induction circuit), if strong enough will produce a field portal through which temporal exploration may occur. Portal operation is aligned with the general and specific site orientations, articulation actions, and time sensitive synchronicity. Psychonaut activities are governed by site history, in relation to the topic for temporal exploration, and the experience and receptivity of the psychonaut involved. A ‘Mind Tap’ is actuated using a linear circuit drawing from the individual, through the articulation and manipulation of the nexus points of a resonant time circuitry focused on a receptive mind within the mnemonic field core. Where as a ‘Memory Slip,’ may be produced by reversing the flow towards the individual.
Temporal Engine Primary Elements:
- General Orientation - calendar relation, matrix orientation to North, and environmental conditions.
- Specific Orientation - artifact memory, historical structures, structural nodes, architecture, remains, archival media, room ‘coloring’ or frequency, and perspective.
- Carrier Wav, Memory Engine - light & sound pulse generators applied to the architecture and aligned with the room ‘coloring’ and matrix orientation.
- Articulation Engines - symbols, language, actions, and mobile resonators.
- Synchronicity force lines, flow channeling as well as the inertia, generation, or transmutation of light, sound, and human activity.